The CSE Printing Protocol
Cost for Printing and Payment Expectations:
The cost for a print area of 36×42” is $20.00 on regular coated paper. A rate of .013 dollars per square inch will be used to calculate the cost of printing media outside of these dimensions. Payment is expected prior to the printing of the poster. Please note that all posters will be printed on regular printer paper.
For departmental use, we are willing to make an electronic transfer, please contact Mrs. Lara Horsley with the account information.
Cash or check accepted, no debit or credit cards.
Digital Media Submission:
Requirements: To conserve ink, we require that your poster be designed with a white background. Conserving ink helps keep the cost of printing down. Your poster must be either 36×42″ or 36×48″ and it must be in PowerPoint format. Also, include your name and department in the file name of the poster. Example: FName_LName_DepartmentName_PosterName_36x42.ppt
Suggestions: There may be a charge associated with reprinting of posters. If you would like to have your poster proof read, it is recommended that you take it to the writing center. https://www.taylor.edu/academics/academic-support/writing-center.shtml
Also, it may be useful to print a proof of your poster on an 8.5×11″ sheet of paper. Make sure that your printer is set to print only 8.5×11″ paper. When the printer is configured this way, even if the slide is 36×42″ in PowerPoint, it will print the slide on a single sheet of paper.
- For posters greater than 10 MB, bring your poster to the Resource Managers in Euler 215 on a thumb-drive.
- For posters less than 10 MB, submit your poster via email attachment to csePrintServices@cse.taylor.edu
- Attach your posters in Microsoft PowerPoint format with the slide size pre-set to 36×42″ (see page setup under the design tab in PowerPoint). When designing your poster be sure to set this option first as it will ensure that your poster will be scaled appropriately for printing.
- Please submit digital media no later than one week before you require the deliverable.
- We cannot guarantee the delivery of posters submitted after the projected deadline.
Rail Mounting Your Poster: